The Our Lady of Mercy Complex Committee is a committed group who are eager and outgoing when lending a hand in community, regional, and provincial community development efforts.
Services include various tours and experiences, weddings, and Our Lady of Mercy Event Hall bookings.
Our Lady of Mercy Event Hall
The hall is one of the largest venues on the Port au Port Peninsula. It’s the perfect location for wedding receptions, family reunions, gallery viewings, luncheons, bridal showers, baby showers, and other functions. Contact us for more information and to book.
Our Lady of Mercy Complex is now accepting resumes from high school and post-secondary students for positions our historic sites for the 2023 summer season. Criteria for student positions varies depending on the available grants.
All applicants must:
• be between the ages of 15-30;
• be legally entitled to work in the province and Canada;
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada;
• not hold another job of 30 or more hours per week during the employment period.
Some grant programs will also require applicants to:
• be enrolled in high school (Level Ⅰ, Ⅱ, or Ⅲ) or a post-secondary institution in the 2022-2023 school calendar year; and,
• be intending to return to school full-time in September 2023; or
• be graduating from Level Ⅲ in June 2023 and planning to pursue an education at a post-secondary institution in September 2023.
To express your interest for a position with Our Lady of Mercy Complex please send a resume and cover letter to the following:
P.O. Box 39
Aguathuna, NL A0N 1A0
Please note: Successful applicants are expected to complete tours to the public, potentially handle cash and credit/debit purchases, and will be responsible for end of day reconciliations. They may have to participate in programming activities at some of the historic sites that could include rug hooking or other craft and trade demonstrations.